The Real Property Guru Pop Quiz on the Singapore Real Estate Market
Let’s do a test on how much you know and if you are an expert on real estate matters.
Qualify to be true property sage by answering all questions right.
Warning: No answers provided.
- What is the average Gross Development Margin that developers are making ? Is this number going up or down ? What is the significance of this ?
- How many bidders are there for Government Land Sales ?
- Are foreign developers coming into Singapore ? Are they economically driven to do so ? What is the significance of foreign developers bidding for government land sites ?
- What is the supply of condo units coming up ? How is this changing over time ? (Hint URA has quarterly update numbers on their website)
- Have you used Realis ? (available for SGD 80 for a 24 hour usage)
- What are the government’s macro-prudential regulations ? Do they want money to go in ? Do they want prices to go up or down ?
- What is the unintended consequences of the QC statute ? What does QC stands for ? And when was QC enacted ?
- What is government policy on resale HDB ? How does HDB prices affect private property ?
- What is the government’s stance on property speculation ?
- Does Singapore suffer from land shortage or does it not ? Very fundamental question ? How does this compare to Hong Kong ? If there is no land shortage, who owns the land ? What does this imply ?
- Can speculators make more money than developers on a project ?